- Total course hours: 98 hours hybrid and face-to-face class
- Hybrid online content with weekly online classes and weekly lab sessions for 7 weeks
- 2 times per week for 7 weeks
Students must attend class according to the time approved by the program in order to receive a Certificate of Completion. Due to the critical nature of the course, students are not allowed to miss more than 3 days from the course. If the student is absent, the student will have to make up the days missed.
Classes, Labs, and Clinicals are mandatory. Students will be provided with 3 make-up days for Class, Lab, or Clinical days missed. Make-up days must be completed. Failure to attend make-up days will result in the student being dropped from the course, and the student will not receive a completion certificate for the course.
Students must come to class on time. 30 minutes or more constitutes tardy. 3 times tardy is also considered a missed day from Class, Lab, or Clinical.
If the student is absent from class for more than the 3 days mentioned above, due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, the student’s case will be reviewed by the administration, and a decision will be made to determine the student’s ability to retake the class.
This program aims to:
- Provide students with the educational background and preparation to perform phlebotomy procedures in the work environment.
- Prepare the students to pass the National Certification Examination.
- Recognize factors that affect procedures and results, and take appropriate actions within predetermined limits when corrections are indicated.
- Apply principles of safety.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with patients, laboratory personnel, other healthcare professionals, and the public.
- Recognize the responsibilities of other laboratory and healthcare professionals.
Connect with Us
Let’s start a conversation. Reach out to us to discover how we can help you!