- MA technician certificate program 360 hours
- Hybrid online content with weekly online classes and weekly lab sessions for 21 weeks
The course consists of classroom, lab, and clinical. Good Nursing and Medical Training guidelines allow a total of 5 days of absent time from class and 2 clinical days. This means that a student cannot miss more than 5 days, or a total of 30 hours per 21-week training period.
The breakdown of attendance states that no more than 2 clinical days can be missed, and no more than 5 classroom days can be missed. This will be clearly outlined separately in the course syllabus. The student will be required to submit documentation of all excused absences to receive credit and be allowed to make up work. 3 tardies equal 1 absence. If a student is absent more than that, no credit for the course can be issued. This is not affected by whether the absence is excused or unexcused.
Students may miss only 2 days from the clinical externship site. On the 6th absence from class, the student will be dropped from the program. If the student is absent from class due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, the student will be permitted to retake the course at a later date; this will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
This program helps students to:
- Verbalize the roles of the medical assistant.
- Gain the educational background to function in the role of a medical assistant.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to provide care as a medical assistant.
- Prepare for the national certifying examinations to become a medical assistant.
- Demonstrate entry-level competency skills as a medical assistant.
Connect with Us
Let’s start a conversation. Reach out to us to discover how we can help you!