- Total course hours: 210 hours
- Hybrid online content with weekly online classes and weekly lab sessions for 7 weeks
The course consists of classroom, lab, and clinical. Good Nursing and Medical Training guidelines allow no more than 2 clinical days to be missed, and no more than 2 classroom days can be missed. This will be clearly outlined separately in the course syllabus.
The student will be required to submit documentation of all excused absences to receive credit and be allowed to make up work. Three tardies equal one absence. If a student is absent more than that, no credit for the course can be issued. This is not affected by whether the absence is excused or unexcused.
Students may miss only 2 days from the clinical externship site. On the 3rd absence from class, the student will be dropped from the program.
This program helps students to:
- Verbalize the role of the patient care technician.
- Gain the educational background to function in the role of a patient care technician.
- Demonstrate the skills needed to provide care as a patient care technician.
- Prepare for the national certifying examinations to become a patient care technician.
- Demonstrate entry-level competency skills as a patient care technician.
Connect with Us
Let’s start a conversation. Reach out to us to discover how we can help you!