- Total course hours is 98 hours for hybrid and face-to-face classes
- Hybrid online content with weekly online classes and weekly lab sessions for 7 weeks
- 2 times per week for 7 weeks
The course consists of classroom, lab, and clinical. Good Nursing and Medical Training guidelines allow a total of 2 days of absent time from class and 2 clinical days. This means that a student cannot miss more than 2 days, or a total of 16 hours per 8-week training period. The attendance policy stipulates that no more than 2 clinical days and no more than 2 classroom days can be missed. These details will be clearly outlined separately in the course syllabus.
Students will be required to submit documentation of all excused absences to receive credit and be allowed to make up work. Three tardies equal 1 absence. If a student is absent more than that, no credit for the course can be issued. This is not affected by whether the absence is excused or unexcused.
Students may miss only 2 days from the clinical externship site. On the 3rd absence from class, the student will be dropped from the program. If the student is absent from class due to illness or unforeseen circumstances, the student will be permitted to retake the course at a later date; this will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
This program helps students to:
- Verbalize the roles of the EKG technician.
- Demonstrate skills used to function as an EKG technician in the EKG department in a variety of settings (hospital, clinic, office, mobile service).
- Gain knowledge of medical terminology related to electrocardiography.
- Gain knowledge and skills pertaining to the role of the EKG Technician.
- Be prepared with the skills and knowledge necessary to sit for and to be successful in the national certification exams.
Connect with Us
Let’s start a conversation. Reach out to us to discover how we can help you!